In Color And In Black And White For Bog



Years ago I saw a show of paintings by Robert Rauschenberg where he attempted to make the same paintings twice. This is an amusing concept mainly because it cannot be done, unless perhaps one is a forger and is being tedious about it.  When I was asked to do these illustrations I thought about the idea with one simple change. I wouldn't try as hard as Rauschenberg did, I would make one in color and the other in black and white.

I was asked by two extremely polite young men who go by the name of Bog when they perform blue grass doom metal duets. Mr. Ian Burns on guitars and vocals and Mr. Trevor Robison on drums and vocals. I listened to their Demo while making these two paintings of identical subject matter for their cover.

Their music can be downloaded on bandcamp.com. Please do check them out. Very original ideas!

Comments