Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Bat

Over the years I've found that if someone else isn't giving me an illustration project or assignment that it is a very good idea to give one to myself. This year marks the 150th anniversary of the first edition of Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures In Wonderland. Numerous publishers, art directors, and illustrators are jumping all over it with new editions, or one might say additions of this lovely book.

Personally, I am far too intimidated by John Tenniel's original illustrations to attempt it.

That said, Lewis Carroll wrote many nonsense poems, and I do feel up to illustrating the poetry.

The combination of his wit and sadness in these poems is very appealing and beautiful to me.


                                                          Twinkle, twinkle, little bat                                                         
                                                          How I wonder what you're at!
                                                         
                                                          Up above the world you fly,
                                                          Like a tea-tray in the sky.
                                                                                 Twinkle, twinkle-------                                               



Comments